Common symptoms of a malware or virus infection:
- New browser homepage
- Website accessed without your input
- Friends getting strange messages from you
- New toolbars
- Your security solution is disabled
- Running out of hard drive space
- Program starts automatically
- Battery life drains quickly
- Unable to access Task Manager
- Suspicious Hard Drive Activity
- Unusually high network activity
- Unusual error messages appear
- New or unfamiliar icons on desktop
- Unable to access Control Panel
- Problems with peripheral hardware
Below are a few free malware or virus removal sites we recommend:
Antivirus and malware programs do sometimes indicate problems with files that are legitimate. It’s always a good idea to temporarily quarantine any flagged files before final removal.
Sometimes viruses will keep you from accessing certain websites or the internet. If that is the case, you will probably need to bring your computer to us or another professional.
We make every effort to REPAIR your operating system rather than REINSTALL. This is often a more time consuming process for the repair procedure but should save you significant time later avoiding reinstalling all of your programs, customizations, contacts, passwords, etc. If we are unable to repair all the damage and must reinstall, we will contact you FIRST and discuss any backups you’d like us to create.